NEW DELHI: India has registered 12,213 fresh Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, a 38.4 per cent rise compared to Wednesday. With this, the figure has crossed 10,000 marks a day first time since February.
India’s active caseload stands at 53,637, the Health Ministry said. The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost. In the new phase of the universalization of the COVID19 vaccination drive, the Union Government will procure and supply (free of cost) 75% of the vaccines being produced by the vaccine manufacturers in the country to States and UTs.More than 193.53 crore (1,93,53,58,865) vaccine doses have been provided to States/UTs so far through Govt. of India (free of cost channel) and through direct state procurement category.
More than 13.28 Cr (13,28,75,455) balance and unutilized COVID Vaccine doses are still available with the States/UTs to be administered.
(As on 16th June 2022)
- With 7,624 recoveries in the last 24 hours, the total recoveries have reached 4,26,74,712.
- 67 cr vaccine doses have been administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive
- India’s Active caseload currently stands at 58,215
- Active cases stand at 0.13%
- Recovery Rate currently at 98.65%
- 7,624 recoveries in the last 24 hours increases Total Recoveries to 4,26,74,71
- 12,213 new cases recorded in the last 24 hours
- Daily positivity rate (2.35%)
- Weekly Positivity Rate (2.38%)
- 63 cr Total Tests conducted so far; 5,19,419 tests conducted in the last 24 hours
India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.67 Cr (1,95,67,37,014) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,51,69,966 sessions.
COVID-19 vaccination for the age group 12-14 years was started on 16 March, 2022. So far, more than 3.54 Cr (3,54,38,168) adolescents have been administered with the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Similarly, the COVID-19 precaution dose administration for age group 18-59 years also started from 10th April, 2022 onwards.
The break-up of the cumulative figure as per the provisional report till 7 am today include:
Cumulative Vaccine Dose Coverage
Age Group 12-14 years
Age Group 15-18 years
Age Group 18-44 years
Age Group 45-59 years
Over 60 years